Terms and Conditions
Article 1 (Purpose)
The Terms and Conditions stipulate that "WITCHWORLD"(hereinafter "contents") and all other service provided in online by "Witch Company"(hereinafter "Company"), with the purpose to stipulate the rights, obligations and responsibilities of the company and users in relation to the use of various services provided by the company.
Article 2 (Terms)
The definitions of terms used in the Terms and Conditions are as follows:
1. "Company" refers to the entity that engages in economic activities related to "contents" industry that provides contents and other services.
2. "User" refers to members and non-members who access the the website of the "company" and use the "contents" and other services provided by the "company" in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. "Member" refers to a "user" who has concluded a use contract with the "company" and has been given a "user" ID(ID) and is continuously provided with the information of the "company" and the services provided by the "company".
4. "Non-member" refers to a person who is not a "member" and uses the services provided by the "company".
5. "Contents" means the codes, characters, voices, sounds, images, or videos used in the information and communications networks pursuant to Article 2, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1 of the ‘Act On Promotion Of Information And Communications Network Utilization And Information Protection’. The data and information refers to those produced or processed in an electronic form to increase the utility in its preservation and use.
6. "ID" refers to a combination of letters or numbers determined by the "member" and approved by the "company" for identification of the "member" and service use.
7. “Password” refers to a combination of letters or numbers set by the “member” to confirm that the “member” is a “member” that matches the “ID” given to the “member” and to protect the confidentiality.
Article 3 (Provision of identity information)
"Company" refers to the contents of these Terms and Conditions, company name, representative's name, company address(including the address where customer service can be handled), phone number, fax number, e-mail address, business registration number, mail order business report number and the person in charge of personal information management are posted on the initial screen of the online service so that users can easily find out. However, the Terms and Conditions can be viewed by the user through the connection screen.
Article 4 (Publication of Terms and Conditions)
1. "Company" takes technical measures so that "members" can print all of these terms and conditions and check the contents of the terms and conditions during the transaction.
2. The "Company" installs technical devices so that "users" can ask and answer questions about the "Company" and the contents of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Before the "user" agrees to the Terms and Conditions, the "company" provides a separate connection screen or pop-up screen to get the confirmation of “user”
Article 5 (Amendment of Terms and Conditions)
1. The "Company" may amend these Terms and Conditions to the extent that it does not violate relevant laws, such as the Online Digital Content Industry Development Act, the Consumer Protection Act in E-commerce, and the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions.
2. When the "company" revises the Terms and Conditions, the date of application and the reason for the revision shall be specified, and the current Terms and Condition shall be notified on the initial screen of the service for a considerable period from 7 days before the effective date, and after the effective date. The revised Terms and Conditions will be sent to the existing members via e-mail.
3. When the "company" revises the Terms and Conditions, the company should check confirm that the "user" agrees on the application of the revised Terms and Conditions, after the notice of the revised terms and conditions. If the "user" does not agree to the application of the revised version of the Terms and Conditions, the "company" or "user" may terminate the contents use contract. In this case, the "Company" compensates the "user" for damages caused by the termination of the contract.
Article 6 (Interpretation of terms and conditions)
Regarding matters that are not stipulated in the Terms and Conditions, and interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, please refer to the Online Digital Content Industry Development Act, the Consumer Protection Act in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions, the Digital Content User Protection Guidelines set by the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism, etc., in accordance with the relevant laws or commercial practices.
Article 7 (Membership)
1. Membership registration is concluded when the "user" agrees to the Terms and Conditions, applies for membership, and the "company" approves such application.
2. The following must be entered in the membership application form.
a. "ID (e-mail address)" and "Password"
b. Other matters deemed necessary by the "company"
3. In principle, the "company" approves when the "user" applies for membership registration. However, the "Company" may not approve the application that falls under each of the following subparagraphs.
a. If the applicant of membership has previously lost his or her membership status under the conditions of the Terms and Conditions
b. If the user does not use his or her real name or use the name of someone else
c. If any false information is submitted, or if any information requested by the company is not submitted
d. In case which the approval is denied due to the reasons attributable to the user, or if the application is made in violation of all other stipulated matters
4. The "Company" may withhold approval if there is no room for service-related facilities or there is are technical or business related issues.
5. Any case of disapproval or withholding of the application of membership registration, in accordance with Paragraph 3 and 4, the "Company" must notify the applicant. Exceptions are made when the applicant cannot be notified without a reason attributable to the "company".
6. The time of establishment of the membership contract is when the approval of the "company" reaches the "user".
Article 8 (Special rules on membership for minors)
1. A "user" under the age of 14 must fully understand the purpose of the collection and use of personal information and must obtain the consent from a legal representative, such as parents before applying for membership and providing his or her personal information.
2. The company cancels or disallows the membership of users under the age of 14, if they have not gone through the verification process for consent of their legal representatives such as parents.
3. Legal representatives, such as parents, of "users" under the age of 14 may request to browse, correct, or update personal information of children or withdraw consent for membership registration, and the "company" shall take necessary measures immediately.
Article 9 (Modification of profile)
1. "Member" can browse and modify their profile at any time through the profile management screen.
2. "Member" must make modifications, in online, to any changes occurred to their profile after the application of membership registration, or must notify the "Company" via e-mail or other means.
3. The "Company" is not responsible for any disadvantages caused by not notifying the "Company" of the changes stated in Paragraph 2.
Article 10 (Obligation for management of "ID" and "password" of "member")
1. "Member" is responsible for managing his or her own "ID" and "password", and they must not be used by a third party.
2. If the "Member" recognizes that the "ID" and "Password" are stolen or used by a third party, they must immediately notify the "Company" and follow the instructions of the "Company".
3. In the case of Paragraph 2, the "Company" is not responsible for any disadvantages caused by the "Member" not notifying the "Company" or not following the instructions of the "Company" even if notified.
Article 11 (Notice to "member")
1If the "Company" notifies the "Member", the notice can be sent to the e-mail address designated by the "Member".
2. The "Company" may replace the notice in Paragraph 1, in case which the notice is made to all "Members", by posting on the bulletin board of the "Company" for more than 7 days. However, for those matters that have a significant impact on the transaction of the "member" should be made by the notice stated in Paragraph 1.
Article 12 (Withdrawal of membership and loss of qualification)
1. "Member" may request withdrawal of membership to "Company" at any time, and "Company" will immediately proceed the withdrawal of membership.
2. If the "member" falls under any of the following reasons, the "company" may limit and suspend membership.
a. In case of submitting false information when applying for membership registration
b. In case which the member does not fulfill the obligations to make payment for the use of service provided by the "company" and other service use of the "company"
c. In case of threatening the order of e-commerce, such as interfering with the use of the service of the "Company" by others or stealing the information
d. In case of using the "company" to conduct any act that is prohibited by laws of the Terms and Conditions, or any actions that are contrary to public order and morals
3. When the "Company" restricts or suspends membership, and the same actions are repeated twice or more, or if the cause is not corrected within 30 days, the "Company" may terminate the membership.
4. If the "Company" terminates membership, the registration for membership is cancelled. In this case, the "member" should be notified for this matter, and be given an opportunity to explain by setting a period of at least 30 days before the membership registration is cancelled.
Article 13 (Publication of “contents”)
1. "Company" displays the followings on the initial screen of the "contents" or on its packaging so that "users" can understand it.
a. The name or title of the “contents”
b. Date(yy/mm/dd) of the creation and display of "content
c. Name(or the name of the corporation), address, and phone number of the creator of the "contents"
d. The context, instructions, fee, and any other conditions for using "contents"
2. "Company" provides "users" with the information of available devices for each "contents" and the minimum technical specifications required during the process of contract
Article 14 (The Establishment of contract for the use of contents)
1. "User" should apply for the use by the following or similar procedures provided by "company". "Company" provides information about each subparagraph before the conclusion of the contract, so that the "user" can accurately understand and transact information without mistakes or error.
a. Browsing and making selections among "contents" list
b. Entering name, address, phone number(or mobile phone number), e-mail address, etc
c. Confirmation of the Terms and Conditions and the actions taken by the "company" for "contents" that cannot withdraw it subscription
d. Indication of the agreement to the Terms and Conditions and confirming or rejecting the statements in subparagraph 3(e.g., mouse click)
e. Confirmation of the application for use of "contents" or the agreement to confirmation of "company"
f. The selection of payment method
2. The "Company" may not accept or withhold the approval if the application of the "user” falls under any of the following subparagraphs.
a. Any usage of non-real name or the name of someone else
b. In case which false information is entered or the contents provided by the "company" are not submitted
c. When a minor wants to use "content" prohibited by the Youth Protection Act
d. If there are lack of capacity for service-related facilities or there if there are technical or business issues
3. The contract is deemed to have been established when the consent of the "company" reaches the "user" in the form of a receipt confirmation notice in Article 16 Paragraph 1.
4. The expression of intention of acceptance of the "Company" includes information on confirmation of the "user"'s application for use and availability of services, correction or cancellation of the application for use, etc.
Article 15 (Special Rules for Minors Use Contract)
The "Company" states that when a minor user under the age of 20 wants to use the paid service, the minor or his/her legal representative may cancel the contract if they do not obtain the consent of their parent or legal representative or ratification after the conclusion of the contract. We take measures to notify the contents of the contract before signing the contract.
Article 16 (Reception Confirmation Notification, Change and Cancellation of Application for Use)
1. The "Company" notifies the "User" of receipt confirmation when there is an application for use by the "User".
2. The "user" who received the acknowledgment notice may request to change or cancel the application for use immediately after receiving the acknowledgment notice if there is any discrepancy in intention, etc. shall process the request without delay. However, if the payment has already been made, the provisions of Article 27 regarding withdrawal of subscription, etc. shall apply.
Article 17 (Obligations of "Company")
1. The "company" must faithfully exercise the rights and fulfill the obligations set forth in the laws and these terms and conditions.
3. The "Company" takes measures so that "Users" can check the contents use and payment details from time to time.
4. If the "company" recognizes that the opinions or complaints raised by the "users" in relation to the use of content are justified, they will be processed without delay. For opinions or complaints raised by users, the processing process and results are communicated through the bulletin board or e-mail.
5. The "Company" compensates the "User" for damages caused by the violation of the obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
Article 18 (Obligations of "User")
1. The “user” should not conduct the followings.
a. Entering false information when applying or changing
b. Stealing other people's information
c. Change of information posted on "Company"
d. Transmission or posting of information(computer programs, etc.) prohibited by the "company"
e. Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of the "Company" and other third parties
f. Acts that damage the reputation of the "Company" and other third parties or interfere with business
g. The act of disclosing or posting obscene or violent words, writings, images, sounds, or other information that goes against public order and morals on the site of the "Company"
h. Any other illegal or unfair conduct
2. "Users" must refer to the relevant laws and regulations, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the user guide and notices in relation to the "contents". “User” must comply with the notices of the "company" and must not engage in other acts that interfere with the business of the "company".
Article 19 (Method of Payment)
The payment method for the use of "content" can be made by any of the following methods. However, the "Company" does not collect any additional fees for the payment method of "Users".
a. Various account transfers such as phone banking, internet banking, and mail banking
b. Various card payments such as prepaid cards, debit cards, and credit cards
c. Online direct deposit
d. Payment by e-money
e. Payment by points paid by the "company", such as mileage
f. Payment by gift certificate contracted with the "Company" or recognized by the "Company"
g. Payment by phone or mobile phone
h. Payment by other electronic payment methods, etc.
Article 20 (Provision and Suspension of Content Services)
1. In principle, content service is provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2. The "Company" may temporarily suspend the provision of content services in the event of maintenance, replacement and breakdown of information and communication facilities such as computers, communication interruption, or significant operational reasons. In this case, the "Company" notifies the "User" in the manner specified in Article 11 [Notification to "Members"]. However, if there is an unavoidable reason that the "Company" cannot notify in advance, it can be notified afterwards.
3. The "Company" compensates the "User" for damages caused by the temporary suspension of the provision of content services for no significant reason. However, this is not the case if the "Company" proves that there is no intention or negligence.
4. The "Company" may conduct regular inspections if necessary for the provision of content services, and the period of regular inspections shall follow the notice on the service provision screen.
5. In the event that it becomes impossible to provide contents services due to the conversion of business items, abandonment of business, integration between companies, etc., the "Company" shall notify the "User" in the manner stipulated in Article 11 [Notification to "Members"] In accordance with the conditions originally presented by the "Company", the "user" will be compensated. However, if the "Company" does not notify the compensation standards, etc. or the notified compensation standards are not appropriate, the "Users" mileage or reserves, etc. will be paid to the "Users" in kind or in cash.
Article 21 (Change of content service)
1. The "Company" may change the content service provided in accordance with operational and technical needs in cases where there are significant reasons.
2. When the "company" changes the contents, usage method, and usage time of the contents service, the reason for the change, the contents of the contents service to be changed and the date of provision, etc. shall be posted on the contents initial screen for at least 7 days before the change.
3. In the case of Paragraph 2, if the changed content is significant or unfavorable to the "user", the "company" notifies the "user" receiving the content service in the manner specified in Article 11 [Notification to the "member"] and gives consent I receive. In this case, the "Company" provides the service before the change to the "User" who has refused consent. However, the contract may be terminated if such service cannot be provided.
4. The "Company" compensates the "User" for damages caused by the change of service in accordance with Paragraph 1 and the termination of the contract in accordance with Paragraph 3.
Article 22 (Provision of Information and Posting of Advertisements)
1. "Company" may provide "members" with various information that "users" are deemed necessary while using contents through notices or e-mails. However, the "member" may refuse to receive it at any time through e-mail, etc.
2. If the information in Paragraph 1 is to be transmitted by phone or facsimile device, it is transmitted with the prior consent of the "member".
3. "Company" may place advertisements on the content screen, homepage, e-mail, etc. in connection with the provision of "content" service. "Members" who have received e-mails with advertisements, etc. can refuse to receive them to "Company".
Article 23 (Deletion of Posts)
1. The "Company" deletes without delay if any media material harmful to juveniles that violates the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. is posted on the bulletin board. However, bulletin boards that can only be used by "users" over the age of 19 are excluded.
2. A person whose legal interests are infringed by the information posted on the bulletin board operated by the "Company" may request the "Company" to delete the information or publish the content of the rebuttal. In this case, the "Company" will take necessary measures without delay and immediately notify the applicant.
Article 24 (Attribution of Copyright, etc.)
1. Copyrights and other intellectual property rights for works created by the "Company" belong to the "Company".
2. Among the services provided by the "company", copyrights and other intellectual property rights for works provided by the partnership agreement belong to the provider.
3. "User" refers to the information obtained by using the service provided by the "Company" without prior consent of the "Company" or the provider of information belonging to the "Company" or the provider. You must not use it for profit or let a third party use it in any other way.
4. "Company" obtains permission from the "user" when using the work of the "user" according to the contract.
Article 25 (Personal Information Protection)
1. The "company" may collect the minimum information necessary for the use of the contents of the "user" in addition to the application details in Article 7 Paragraph 2. For this purpose, the "user" must faithfully notify the truth about the matters inquired by the "company".
2. When the "Company" collects "personal information" that can personally identify the "user", the consent of the "user" is obtained.
3. The "Company" cannot use the information provided by the "user" in the application for use, etc. and the information collected pursuant to Paragraph 1 for other purposes without the consent of the "user" or provide it to a third party. The responsibility lies with the "company". However, with the exception of the following cases.
a. When providing in a form that cannot identify a specific individual as it is necessary for statistical preparation, academic research, or market research
b. In case it is necessary for the settlement of charges for the provision of "contents"
c. When it is necessary to verify the identity to prevent theft
d. In case there is an unavoidable reason required by the provisions of the terms and conditions or laws
4. In the event that the "company" needs to obtain the consent of the "user" pursuant to paragraphs 2 and 3, the identity (affiliation, name and phone number and other contact information) of the person in charge of managing "personal information", the purpose of collection and use of information, The matters stipulated in Article 22 Paragraph 2 of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. shall be specified and notified regarding matters related to information provision to third parties (recipient, purpose of provision, and content of information to be provided).
5. The "user" may voluntarily withdraw the consent of Paragraph 3 at any time.
6. "Users" may at any time request to view and correct errors in their "personal information" possessed by the "Company", and the "Company" is obliged to take necessary measures without delay. If the "user" requests correction of an error, the "company" does not use the "personal information" until the error is corrected.
7. "Company" limits the number of managers to protect personal information, and minimizes the number of "users" due to loss, theft, leakage, falsification, etc. of "users" including credit cards and bank accounts. responsible for any damage.
8. "Company" or the person who has received "personal information" from it can use "personal information" within the scope agreed by the "user", and if the purpose is achieved, the "personal information" will be destroyed without delay.
Article 26 (Withdrawal of subscription and contract cancellation/termination by "user")
1. "Users" who have entered into a contract with the "Company" regarding the use of "Contents" may withdraw the subscription within 7 days from the date of receiving the notification of receipt. However, if the "Company" takes any of the following actions, the "User"'s right to withdraw subscription may be limited.
a. When the fact about "content" that cannot be withdrawn from the subscription is included in the indication
b. If a trial product is provided
c. In case of providing a method such as temporary or partial use
2. The "user" may cancel or terminate the content use contract within 3 months from the date of receiving the "content" or within 30 days from the date when the user knew or could have known the fact in the following cases.
a. If the "content" agreed in the contract of use is not provided
b. In case the provided "content" is different from display or advertisement, or there is a significant difference
c. In the event that normal use is significantly impossible due to defects in other "contents"
3. It takes effect when the "user" expresses his/her intention to the "company" by telephone, e-mail or facsimile transmission, and the cancellation or termination of the contract in Paragraph 1 and Paragraph 2 is effective.
4. The "Company" shall reply to the "User" without delay after receiving the expression of intent to withdraw the subscription or to cancel or terminate the contract indicated by the "User" in accordance with Paragraph 3.
5. The "user" may request the repair of defects in the use of the complete "content" or service by setting a reasonable period before expressing intention to cancel or terminate the contract due to the reason in Paragraph 2 above.
Article 27 (Effect of "User" withdrawal of Subscription and Contract Cancellation/Termination)
1. The "Company" shall refund the payment in the same way as the payment within 3 business days from the date the "User" expresses his/her intention to withdraw the subscription or the date of replying to the "User" for the expression of intention to cancel or terminate the contract, If a refund is not possible in the same way, you must notify us in advance. In this case, when the "Company" delays the refund to the "User", the delayed interest calculated by multiplying the delayed interest rate determined and announced by the Fair Trade Commission for the delay period shall be paid.
2. If the "Company" refunds in accordance with Paragraph 1, the "User" may deduct the amount corresponding to the profits obtained from the use of the service and refund.
3. When the "Company" refunds the above price, when the "User" pays for goods, etc. with a payment method such as a credit card or electronic money, the "Company" shall promptly request the payment for the goods, etc. Request to suspend or cancel. However, this may not be the case if the amount deduction under Paragraph 2 is necessary.
4. If the "company", "the person who has been paid for contents," or "the person who has concluded a content use contract with the user" is not the same person, each person fulfills obligations related to payment due to withdrawal of subscription or contract cancellation or termination that should be jointly responsible
5. The "Company" does not claim a penalty or compensation for damages to the "User" for the reason of the withdrawal of the subscription. However, the cancellation or termination of the contract by the "user" does not affect the claim for damages.
Article 28 (Cancellation, Termination, and Restriction on Use of a Company)
1. The "company" may cancel or terminate the contract without prior notice or restrict the use of the service for a fixed period of time when the "user" has committed an act prescribed in Article 12 (2).
2. It shall take effect when the "company" which is canceled or canceled under paragraph (1) expresses its intention to the "user" in accordance with the notification law prescribed by him/her.
3. The "user" may file an objection to the cancellation, termination, and restriction of use of the "company" in accordance with the procedures set by the "company". If "Company" acknowledges that the objection is justified, "Company" will immediately resume the use of the Service.
Article 29 ( Company's effect of cancellation and termination of a contract)
Article 27 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the effect of cancellation or termination of the user contract due to the reasons attributable to the "User". However, "Company" refunds "User" in the same manner as the payment of the payment within seven business days from the date of expressing its intention to cancel or terminate the contract.
Article 30 (Overcharge)
1. In the event of an overcharge, the "company" shall refund the full amount of the overcharge in the same manner as the payment of the usage fee. However, if a refund is not possible in the same way, it is notified in advance.
2. If an overcharge occurs due to the "company" responsible reason, the "company" will refund the full amount of the overcharge regardless of contract costs, fees, etc. However, in the event of an overcharge due to the responsible reason of the "user", the "user" shall bear the expenses incurred by the "company" to refund the overcharge within reasonable scope.
3. The Company shall be responsible for proving that the user has been duly charged in the event of refusal to refund the overcharge claimed by the "user".
4. "Company" handles the refund process of overcharging in accordance with the digital content user protection guidelines.
Article 31 (Compensation for User due to Content Defects, etc.)
The "company" shall handle matters concerning the standards, scope, methods, and procedures for compensation for users caused by content defects, etc. in accordance with the digital content user protection guidelines.
Article 32 (Exemption Clause)
1. "Company" shall be exempted from responsibility for providing "Content" if it is unable to provide "Content" due to a natural disaster or equivalent force majeure.
2. The "Company" shall not be responsible for any obstacles to the use of content due to reasons attributable to the "User".
3. "Company" shall not be responsible for the contents of information, data, reliability, accuracy of facts, etc. posted by "Member" in relation to "Content".
4. "Company" shall not be liable for disputes, etc. arising between "Users" or between "Users" and third parties through "Contents."
Article 33 (Resolution of Dispute)
In the event of a dispute, the "Company" takes appropriate and prompt measures by reflecting the legitimate opinions or complaints raised by the "User". However, in the event that prompt processing is difficult, the "Company" should notify the "User" of the reason and schedule.